[c-nsp] FEIP and dCEF

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Thu Feb 17 15:45:16 EST 2005

On Feb 17, 2005, at 2:31 PM, MADMAN wrote:

>   Yes the IP cards are dinosaurs.  xIP cards are fixed
> configuration's, they don't have PA's so no you cannot pull anything
> out of the FEIP and place it in a VIP.

Dave,

Well thats not really true.  I mean I have pulled PA's out of FEIP's
and  used them in VIP's, yes it does work. You can even put the PA's in
7200's.
What I don't know, because I haven't tried, is that if I did that,
stuck the PA into a VIP2-40 for example, if it would support dCEF.

Brian
------
Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036, CISSP    	e: signal at shreve.net
Network Engineer           			p: 318.213.4709
ShreveNet Inc.             			f: 318.221.6612