[c-nsp] FEIP and dCEF

MADMAN david.madland at qwest.com
Thu Feb 17 16:05:23 EST 2005

Brian Feeny wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2005, at 2:31 PM, MADMAN wrote:
>

>>   Yes the IP cards are dinosaurs.  xIP cards are fixed
>> configuration's, they don't have PA's so no you cannot pull anything
>> out of the FEIP and place it in a VIP.
>

> Dave,
>
> Well thats not really true.  I mean I have pulled PA's out of FEIP's
> and  used them in VIP's, yes it does work. You can even put the PA's in
> 7200's.
> What I don't know, because I haven't tried, is that if I did that,
> stuck the PA into a VIP2-40 for example, if it would support dCEF.

  Maybe I missunderstand, see this URL:

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps359/prod_module_installation_guide09186a00800e9ebe.html#xtocid16>

   This is what I ASSUmed you meant by FEIP:)  Maybe you can disregard
the notice and swap them around, I have not tried.

   Dave

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"