[c-nsp] STP optimize?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Feb 18 09:57:53 EST 2005

Jim McBurnett <> wrote on Friday, February 18, 2005 3:51 PM:

> Hi all,
> I have a cisco command that appears to be undocumented.
> Spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission
>
> It does not seem to be covered in any of the docs I have found.
> BUT it is listed on a lot of the Cisco Config samples.

It is a small enhancements that sends out periodic BPDU's within the
interrupt level thus freeing the CPU a bit. It has little to none
benefit on boxes with only a couple of handful of ports like access
switches, so unless you're spending significant CPU resources sending
BPDUs, don't worry about it..

	oli