[c-nsp] distribute-list prefix support in address-mode ipv4 vrfRED

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Fri Feb 18 11:23:23 EST 2005

<snip>

>>>Does it exist in any train? How about other routing
>>>protocols?
>>>

>>VRFs conceptually can be used with any routing
>>protocol.  Whether it's a good idea or not depends on
>>what you're trying to do...
>>

>I don't think it's a bad idea, but folks generally don't filter as
>extensively in VRFs contexts since all the neighbor (speak: customer) is
>able to mess up is his/her own routing table.. other customers/VRFs are
>not affected..
>
>	oli

You pretty much sum up whats going on, except in this case RIP is being
used as the IGP for this customer VRF spread across some peices of
equipment.

I was thinking more of the ability to specify a prefix-list to limit the
number of /30 /32 route announcments you migh end up carrying in a
customer vrf.
Having to specify it per interface removes the ability to have an
"umbrella" filter for the entire vrf rip instance with a specific
interface filter.

My other question is whether this is supported in ospf or is-is.