[c-nsp] distribute-list prefix support in address-mode ipv4 vrfRED

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Feb 18 11:07:34 EST 2005

>> Anyone else think this would be a good idea?
>>

> ok, I'll bite - a good idea for what?  I generally am
> not a big proponent of RIP from a service provider
> perspective (scaling, convergence, blah blah blah)

RIP is still not uncommon as PE-CE routing protocol in VRF contexts,
especially when "dumb" CE devices are involved..

>> Does it exist in any train? How about other routing
>> protocols?
>
> VRFs conceptually can be used with any routing
> protocol.  Whether it's a good idea or not depends on
> what you're trying to do...

I don't think it's a bad idea, but folks generally don't filter as
extensively in VRFs contexts since all the neighbor (speak: customer) is
able to mess up is his/her own routing table.. other customers/VRFs are
not affected..

	oli