[c-nsp] SNMP

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Feb 21 10:59:54 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Rieman, Jeffrey wrote:

> I am trying to graph the number of connections to our cisco aironet 1200
> access points using mrtg and am having trouble locating the OID that
> holds that variable.  We are running  12.2(11)JA1.  Anyone know where
> this info is stored?

I don't have a 1200 to test with, but a quick peek at the MIB files shows
this in the CISCO-DOT11-ASSOCIATION-MIB.  The value is of type "Gauge" so
it should be easy to graph with MRTG.

oid				numeric
cDot11ActiveWirelessClients	1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.273.1.1.2.1.1

I don't know if it works, but it's worth a try :-)  You can download the
MIB files from Cisco's FTP server at ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/
Rather than downloading all of the individual files, there are tarballs in
each of the subdirectories that have all of the relevant files, i.e.
v1/v1.tar.gz has all of the SNMPv1 MIB files, etc...

Hope this helps.

jms