[c-nsp] MPLS and the global internet routing table

no at tjantik.dk no at tjantik.dk
Mon Feb 21 11:38:20 EST 2005

just realised that I did't put in a subject in my original post ...

Hi,

We are working on implementing mpls in our network. The network is small
(<10 nodes) so we want to run everything on the same box at each node, P/PE
and VPN and internet access. We "hired" the c6500/sup720-3bxl to do the job.

Starting from scratch with little mpls expirence, your help would be
appreciated :)

One concern is where to put the global internet routing table. That is,
should we put the VPN services ontop of the internet or should we put them
into a VRF. We would prefer to put them into a vrf, but without seperate
peering routers maybe thats not a good idea ?

Should we use public addresses in the "default vrf" to avoid future address
conflicts in MP-BGP carrier peerings - regardless of where the global
internet routing table lives ?

Also if you know of whitepapers or books that discusses the deployment
issues, do's and don'ts that Service providers face I would appreaciate the
reference.

/nicolaj