[c-nsp] bonded T1s into 7206VXR

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Mon Feb 21 12:00:15 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am considering getting 4.5M bonded T1 service from AT&T. I currently have
(1) T1 from them into a 7206VXR with a PA-MC-2T1 card. If I get the bonded
T1 service, I will probably put in another PA-MC-2T1 or a PA-MC-4T1. We'll
run BGP4 over the circuit.

My question is: will this bonded T1 service act like a single circuit? I.e.
if I have a single TCP connection that needs, say 4M bandwidth, will the
bandwidth be equally distributed across all three 1.5M circuits? I am also
wondering if the bonding will work any differently if the (3) T1's are
across (2) PA-MC-2T1 cards vs a single PA-MC-4T1 card.

Thanks for any advice....

---
[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by Webjogger's AntiVirus Protection System]