[c-nsp] 7505, NBAR and 12.3.13

Corneliu Tanasa ctanasa at i-net.ro
Mon Feb 21 16:31:19 EST 2005

Hi,

Does anyone had any experience with NBAR on a 7505 box?

The box has a RSP4 and 2 VIP2-40 cards equipped with one PA-8E and three
PA-FE-TX.

System image file is "slot1:rsp-isv-mz.123-13.bin"

I have dCEF enabled and when I try to configure nbar protocol-discovery on
any interface I receive the folloing error:

router(config)#interface fast 0/0/0

router(config-if)#ip nbar protocol-discovery

% NBAR ERROR: Cannot support dNBAR on underlying hardware of this interface

router(config-if)#

According with the release notes and feature navigator, (d)NBAR should work,
but it didn't.  Is it something that I'm missing?  Is it a hardware related
issue?  I couldn't find any refference on CCO regarding this error message.

I even tried to disable distributed cef and route-cache distributed, but the
result was the same.

TIA,

Corneliu