[c-nsp] Cisco 4948's

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 18:26:55 EST 2005

On 22/02/2005 23:15, Matthew Crocker wrote:

>It is about time Cisco did this.  What would be really cool is if they
>made a 1 RU chassis that supported a 6500 series blade.  That way we
>could start with 1RU in small datacenter deployments then upgrade to a
>6509 chassis and use the same card.

The 6503/7603 is about as close to this as you're going to get, but you
lose the switch fabric. (Which means it's unsuitable for many
applications, most people seem to go for the 7606/7609) I don't believe
it would be possible to get all the hardware required for a 6500/7600
blade, supervisor and power supplies into 1RU.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan at complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time