[c-nsp] Cisco-Cisco RSVP-TE Trouble

Per Ole Klemetsrud perole at kirurg.org
Tue Feb 22 19:32:56 EST 2005

Does anyone know what "Removal Trigger: path verification failed"
means:

show mpls traffic-eng tunnels tunnel 0
<snip>
    History:
     Tunnel:
       Time since created: 49 days, 17 hours, 2 minutes
       Time since path change: 12 minutes, 31 seconds
     Current LSP:
       Uptime: 12 minutes, 32 seconds
       Selection: reoptimation
     Prior LSP:
       ID: path option 1 [2372]
       Removal Trigger: path verification failed

This is the only cisco-cisco RSVP-TE link in my network, and this tunnel
has failed on me 3 times in two months.  When I do a show ip cef x.x.x.x
(x is far end LSP endpoint), I see that the imposed label differs from the
expected incoming label for that LSP on the next-hop router (Juniper M).

Another issue that is quite annoying is that the Cisco uses protocol 0 AND
Dport 0 for this LSP (which is clearly not RFC compliant), shown by "show
ip rsvp sender", causing excessive log entries on the P routers on the
way complaining about this.

Both boxes are 7200 with NPE-G1, running 12.2(18)S3.  Anyone running a
mixed rsvp-te environment with similar experiences?

Regards,
Per Ole Klemetsrud