[c-nsp] ospf between me and customer - design ?

Ong Beng Hui ongbh at ispworkshop.com
Thu Feb 24 20:10:23 EST 2005

> For various reasons, it's been decided to run OSPF between me and a
> customer network.  However, since their gear is outside my
> expect from them and they only get a default route from me.
>
> Assuming they'll be in their own area, should I use area filter-lists or
> should I make them a stub and use either a seperate ospf process or area
> filter-lists ?

Instead of using a seperate ospf process, why not use a
seperate router just to run OSPF between you and your customer.
And that router can potential buffer for potential OSPF trouble.
between yourself and the customer.

ie

Your Network Router <--BGP--> DMZ Router <--OSPF--> Customer

I can't think of other name to call that Middle Router.