[c-nsp] ospf between me and customer - design ?

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Thu Feb 24 16:17:54 EST 2005

> If you must do it, run a seperate process and use distribute lists.
> However, you should consider the effect it could have on your network if

Distribute lists only keep it out of the FIB if I read correctly, not
out of the router so yeah, it could be dangerous.

It's not clear to me how area filter-lists work as opposed to distribute
lists.

> Is there some reason you can't run BGP with them using a private AS
> number and just redistribute that into your own OSPF?

FUD from an issue that happened last summer running BGP on these 6509s.
  I keep lossing that vote/argument with the PHBs.

--
matthew zeier, Sr. Network Engineer  | "Nothing in life is to be feared.
InteleNet Communications, Inc.       |  It is only to be understood."