[c-nsp] MPLS VPN BGP session monitoring

Volodymyr Yakovenko vovik at dumpty.org
Sat Feb 26 15:40:39 EST 2005

Hello!

 It looks like the conventional way to monitor status of particular
 MPLS VPN BGP session is mplsVpnVrfBgpNbrAddrTable from MPLS-VPN-MIB.my
 (which reffers to draft-ietf-ppvpn-mpls-vpn-mib-03.txt).

 But 7200 running 12.2(25)S1 reports such OID as not supported.

 Is there any other SNMP way to monitor status of particular MPLS VPN
 BGP session?

--
Regards,
Volodymyr.

P.S. Long-long time ago there was not possible to fetch (and monitor using
     SNMP) ammount of BGP prefixes accepted by given BGP peer. Probably
     it is well-known now, but at least for me it was a big suprise to find
     out that Cisco has actualy implemented cbgpPeerAcceptedPrefixes table in
     CISCO-BGP4-MIB.my:

    cbgpPeerAcceptedPrefixes  OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
                "Number of accepted route prefixes on this connection,
                 which belong to an address family."
        ::= { cbgpPeerAddrFamilyPrefixEntry 1 }