[c-nsp] ospf between me and customer - design ?

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Thu Feb 24 14:14:30 EST 2005

Peyton Koran wrote:
> No, you don't need to separate the process since you are using a different
> area.  Even if you have different OSPF processes, all the routes get placed
> in your Routing table.  They just won't be redistributed beyond that router.
> This might be part of the affect you want, but you do want to hand them off
> to the internet.  Are they coming in on the same router where you have your
> BGP peering?

No, they're coming into a router that doesn't do BGP for policy reasons
and they're coming into two seperate routers that are all in area 0.  As
  long as their route is redistributed back into area 0 for the transit
routers to know about, I think I'm set.

But if I don't use a seperate process, how would I filter to make sure I
only get the routes I expect to see from them?  'area filter-list' ?

--
matthew zeier, Sr. Network Engineer  | "Nothing in life is to be feared.
InteleNet Communications, Inc.       |  It is only to be understood."