[c-nsp] ospf between me and customer - design ?

lists at hojmark.org lists at hojmark.org
Sun Feb 27 14:59:11 EST 2005

> But if I don't use a seperate process, how would I filter to
> make sure I only get the routes I expect to see from them?

Generally speaking, all routers within the same area *must* have
the same view of *all* link states in the area.

As far as I can understand, you plan on being in area 0 with the
customer, and if so, filtering is pretty much out of the question
*unless* you use a separate process *and* filter when redistribu-
ting to and from that process.

> 'area filter-list' ?

'area X filter-list' filters only type 3 LSAs (summaries), and
only those generated by the ABR. (Before that, all you could do
was use 'no-summary' to send *no* type 3 LSAs).

-A