[c-nsp] Cisco 3550 QoS to limit FTP

nick at precisionmillworks.com nick at precisionmillworks.com
Mon Jan 3 18:10:55 EST 2005

I'm trying to implement QoS on a 3550, here's the situation.  I've got
about 400 hosts on my network.  One machine is used to ftp large
files(2-4gig) to clients.  Currently we only transfer these files at night
now, because it causes packet loss on our network.  I want to be able to
give all of the FTP traffic coming from this machine a low priority,
telnet traffic on the entire network the highest priority and all other
traffic a medium priority, I don't mind giving all FTP traffic on the
network the lowest priority but it isn't needed.  What's the best way to
approach this?  I've looked at a lot of the documentation but it's a
little overwhelming with all of the options.  Thanks for any input.

Nick Travis