[c-nsp] WS-X6148-GE-TX limitation

Everett Dowd edowd at cox.net
Tue Jan 4 14:06:19 EST 2005

I got bit by that same bug on our 6500's. It is a limit of the card itself
and is documented (you really have to look for it though)... This card is
based on an 8:1 oversubscription and you can actually rob bandwidth from the
other seven ports is one is pushing packets at a high rate.

Of course you can always move to the 6748, and the SUP 720 if you really
want throughput. We moved back to the 16 port gig cards so we could up the
bandwidth on the 6500.