[c-nsp] is it possible to set MED on a default route ?

Pierfrancesco Caci p.caci at seabone.net
Wed Jan 5 10:22:47 EST 2005

Hello, I have a customer that is asking for 2 circuits to be
configured as main and protection. They also asked for the default
route to be announced over BGP, and they have another provider that I
know nothing of.

The situation is more or less this:

                  Work
   My-router-A  --------|
                        Customer -----  Other transit
   My-router-B  --------|
                  Prot

Now, for what they announce to me, they can set a MED on the outgoing
route-map and it will just work.

But for what I announce to them, if they lower the localpref on the
protection circuit, in case of fault all traffic will go to the other
transit. As I am announcing them only the default route, can they set
different MEDs on these 2 defaults in their inbound route-map ?

Pf