[c-nsp] Change Management

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Fri Jan 14 15:48:31 EST 2005

>>> Brian Feeny <signal at shreve.net> 1/14/05 1:36:55 PM >>>
>
>Can some of you all share how you handle Change Management on your
>networks?
>Everything from serious changes to something mundane like changing a

>customer IP address.
>
>I would hope there is some good open source tools for this purpose.
>
>BTW, we already use "configuration management" tools like RANCID, but
>am needing something that
>people can use to log a change, who did it, why, when, etc, so its
>accounted for BEFORE it happens.

I'm interested in this, as well. We use Device Authority for
configuration management but our change control process is a
bit...er...manual, i.e. fill out request form, sign it, hand it to
manager for approval, get form back from manager, make changes, sign
form, give form to someone else for verification, they sign the
form...you know how it goes. It works but it's sluggish and I'd prefer a
more streamlined approach.

John