[c-nsp] Cisco 7304 as a Border router

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sat Jan 15 05:28:01 EST 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Majid Farid wrote:

> I am running 4 7304's with NSE-100. They are good routers the only issue
> we have encountered so far is IOS train is still pretty buggy. We have
> done upgrades twice last year due to different bug and another one is
> due now. The bandwidth test we did using IXIA we did were not bad. If I

We have also had quite a lot of problems with the NSE-100 and have gone
through more software versions than you have... We're currently at
12.2.20S6 which seems to work well.

> remember correctly we stared to see 4% packet lost at around 800mbps
> witn 64 bytes packet size. Also I have no issues running BGP full routes
> on them.

Could you please describe more in depth how this test was done? The
information I have is that the NSE-100 should be able to do 3.5Mpps
non-blocking which should be more than you're seeing...

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se