[c-nsp] PIX VPN Mesh w/ OSPF

Dave Breiland superdave at dynamicis.com
Sun Jan 16 02:18:13 EST 2005

The main reason I am even looking at the PIX, is because we need
firewalls at all locations anyways.  There are currently only
linux/iptables boxes acting as firewalls.  I want some sort of
solid-state firewall.  The question I originally posted was more of a
"nice-to-have" than a project necessity.  I know that IOS can run as a
"firewall", but haven't found it to be as easy to manage as a PIX.
That's just my opinion... I'm sure others would argue the opposite.  As
always its a matter of a persons familiarity.  If I didn't have a need
for firewalls I would probably go that route.  I am probably going to
have some 3750's behind the PIX's.  Could I perform the GRE tunneling on
those?

This may sound like a silly question... but when is 7.x expected to be
released?  Just curious how long it will be till we get these fun new
features.

Thanks,
Dave