[c-nsp] Wipe a Device?

Shawn Merdinger shawnmer at cisco.com
Sun Jan 16 05:49:40 EST 2005

Hi,

For removable storage media like PCMCIA or compact flash I would start
with opensource Wipe <http://wipe.sourceforge.net> using a linux box to
*erase* the media; though I've only used Wipe on IDE drives, so YMMV.

Depending on time and budget, after the wipe, maybe poke at the media with
some free file recovery tools <http://www.vnunet.com/downloads/1157965>.

Then I suppose there's the acetylene torch file deletion approach ;)

Thanks,
--scm