[c-nsp] EIGRP load balancing.

raja sahney r.sahney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 04:06:27 EST 2005

Hi All,

          I have 2 IP Lease Circuits ,terminating on 7204 - NPE-G1 ,
utilization for Router 4-5 % . Running Eigrp in same AS.

Problem Description:
The 2 links have latency L1- 150 ms and L2- 200 ms, we have ip cef
flow switching enabled on both sides. Since Delay is factor for eigrp
metrics, L1 is preffered, but often situation becomes bad, Link1 is
utilized to about 80% while Link2 is utilized only about 30% , though
after sometimes, the situation becomes normal , and they both might
run at 40% / 30%  etc..

We cannot run per packet load balancing since that has made our vioce
issues worse.
Any ideas to tackle this situation?

Will appreciate any inputs.. thx in advance .. Cheers :-)

Regards
Raj