[c-nsp] Re: OSPF distribute problem

M.Palis security at cytanet.com.cy
Wed Jan 19 05:37:12 EST 2005

Hi Oli

I checked the documents. Problem is with the IOS since changing the IOS on
the Cisco7400 the routes are inserted on the routing table of the C7513. My
configuration is simple. Just a C7513 and a C7401 connected via Ethernet and
running OSPF between them. I am redistributing static router to ospf on the
C7401. The static router appear on the ospf database of the C7513 but not on
the routing table

sh ip ospf database | incl 192.168.1.1
192.168.1.1  192.168.2.1  131         0x80000023 0x00378C 0

sh ip route 192.168.1.1Routing entry for 192.168.1.0/24
  Known via "static", distance 1, metric 0 (connected)
  Advertised by bgp XXX
  Routing Descriptor Blocks:
  * directly connected, via Null0
      Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1

static route to null 0 is on the C7513 for BGP purposes.

In case I change the IOS of the 7401 ro 122-4(B8) (and no changes on C7513)
everything works fine but we are faceing some other issues with MTU which
are solved by updading IOS. ----- Original Message -----

Regards