[c-nsp] Cisco VPN Client - Linux

Dave Breiland superdave at dynamicis.com
Thu Jan 20 18:28:03 EST 2005

Has anyone else had success and/or issues running the Linux 4.6 client
under a 2.6.10 kernel?  I am able to establish the vpn connection, and
even ssh to a host on the other end.  However once anything more than a
simple transfer (i.e. ls of a directory) causes the session to hang.  It
doesn't seem to be an issue with the concentrator, as windows clients
don't experience this issue.

Both interfaces on the concentrator have the MTU set to 1500.  We have
attempted to even manually set the linux clients to a 1500 MTU, but
still no progress.

I am trying to deploy a VPN Concentrator 3005 which will have mostly
linux users.  I was hoping to avoid using OpenSWAN or VPNC as I've read
they require the plaintext password.

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave