[c-nsp] 7200/10000 Performance for L2TP Extensions

Steve Wright steve.wright at visp.me.uk
Fri Jan 21 12:02:27 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am currently involved in a project for producing a sort of wholesale
broadband platform and am currently analysing a variety of vendors (Cisco,
Redback, Juniper etc..)

Basically, 'Box X' will receive 4 PVC's from a LAC, which we wish to then
forward the L2TP session to a particular LNS dependant on the domain passed
through to it.

Current Cisco options we are looking at are either 2 x 7200 NPE-G1 w/
PA-A6's, or a Cisco 10000 PRE2 and ESR-4OC3ATM (4 port ATM line card)

I am after anybody's real life experiences of this with regard to how much
either units can push traffic wise, and how many sessions they can actually
forward before they start to struggle.

Any comments/ input much appreciated!

Steve Wright

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com