[c-nsp] 6500/7600 with Sup720 opinion

Colin Whittaker colin.whittaker at heanet.ie
Fri Jan 21 20:25:32 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 04:39:27PM -0600, Mike Bernico wrote:
> Since many of the severe and critical bugs in the 7600 are internal
> someone should start a public bugzilla database of Cisco bugs found by
> network operators so we can bug scrub against it.

This is a big pain. We currently have 8 7606s with -3bxls and 10G links
that we are deploying a MPLS based L2 service on. 5 in the field and 3
in the lab. sh mpls l2transport hw-capability int blah and the lab
machines would lock up, 5 in use were fine. search bug tool shows not a
mention, mail support provider, a bug id comes back in minutes.

Oh and the documentation is pretty awfull for the platform, it is wrong
all over the place. Even cisco can't tell you if certain things will
work or not.

Colin
--
Colin Whittaker    colin.whittaker at heanet.ie    Tel: +353 1 6609040