[c-nsp] 12.2(25)S on NPEG1

Mark Pace Balzan mpb at melitacable.com
Sun Jan 23 08:20:56 EST 2005

Hi All,

Ive been running 12.2(25)S on 7206 NPEG1 for some months

Initially it looked like all was ok, but there are a number of things that
have shown up recently.

It looks like ACL counters cant be cleared by any regular means. Also nbar
protocol discovery doesnt work, unless you attach a service policy to the
interface (even if the policy does nothing useful).

Now it looks like at random times, it stops forwarding traffic through one
of the onboard gig interfaces. I have BGP over this interface, which remains
established all the way, but hardly and traffic goes through at random times
(normal throughput is around 45Mbps full duplex). If I reset bgp, it
re-establishes soon after but traffic remains zero, and I cant ping the ip
of the bgp peer! It takes a shut, no shut on the interface to get things
back to normal. Have a few cases open with TAC

Anyone seeing these things. Anyone has a reliable IOS that has been running
for a long time without issues ?

Will be glad to hear what people are running

thanks

Mark