[c-nsp] 12.2(25)S on NPEG1

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sun Jan 23 09:13:42 EST 2005

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 02:20:56PM +0100, Mark Pace Balzan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Ive been running 12.2(25)S on 7206 NPEG1 for some months
>
> Initially it looked like all was ok, but there are a number of things that
> have shown up recently.
>
> It looks like ACL counters cant be cleared by any regular means. Also nbar
> protocol discovery doesnt work, unless you attach a service policy to the
> interface (even if the policy does nothing useful).
>
> Now it looks like at random times, it stops forwarding traffic through one
> of the onboard gig interfaces. I have BGP over this interface, which remains
> established all the way, but hardly and traffic goes through at random times
> (normal throughput is around 45Mbps full duplex). If I reset bgp, it
> re-establishes soon after but traffic remains zero, and I cant ping the ip
> of the bgp peer! It takes a shut, no shut on the interface to get things
> back to normal. Have a few cases open with TAC
>
> Anyone seeing these things. Anyone has a reliable IOS that has been running
> for a long time without issues ?
>
> Will be glad to hear what people are running

Router uptime is 25 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, 33 minutes
System returned to ROM by reload at 17:04:22 UTC Fri Aug 18 2000
System restarted at 07:37:15 UTC Fri Jul 30 2004
System image file is "slot2:c7200-k91p-mz.122-18.S4"

cisco 7206VXR (NPE-G1) processor (revision A) with 491520K/32768K bytes of memory.

	We've not had any issues.  I just swapped a npe-400
to a npe-g1 the other day elsewhere and that got 12.2(25)S2

	We've not had any issues (yet).

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net