[c-nsp] 6500/7600 with Sup720 opinion

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 11:06:04 EST 2005

On 23/01/2005 21:59, Alastair Pooley wrote:

>Successfully used the 3BXL for peering routers in 6500's. Our busiest one
>has 146 peers with a BGP table of 150,000 routes - due to a mixture of
>peering and a transit feed. We've had no problems with it in this role - it
>shifts data at an excellent rate. We run a full MPLS network and we also use
>the 3BXL's as P routers with no issues. Not running QoS or uRPF on them. As
>for PPS - I've not measured it, our's shift around 1-2 Gbps max so they are
>slightly underused but we wanted the MPLS functionality.

I thought the 7600 MPLS functionality was severely limited - could only
act as a core, not edge device or similar? (I forget the details)

(We're deploying 7600s next month, MPLS won't be needed immediately but
we'll need it in around 6 months time - was planning to use 7200s at the
edge)

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan at complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time