[c-nsp] 6500/7600 with Sup720 opinion

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Mon Jan 24 06:03:03 EST 2005

neil at colt.net (Neil J. McRae) wrote:

> 7609 can be uses as PE, P and PE-Agg its one of the stronger
> boxes for MPLS, but its also the worst for really bad IOS Code.
> The port density for the 7609 is very good and getting better
> with future roadmap items.

Hmm - this makes me rethink... I was just about to order a 6506+SUP2/MSFC2
as an edge router (6 full tables, necessary max. throughput without impact
on the box 8 Gbps @ 10-20 Mpps (CEF/dCEF)).

I thought the platform was ideal for this, so what's the problem with
76/65 IOS versions?

Cheers and TIA,
		Elmi.

--

"Begehe nur nicht den Fehler, Meinung durch Sachverstand zu substituieren."
                          (PLemken, <bu6o7e$e6v0p$2 at ID-31.news.uni-berlin.de>)