[c-nsp] GigE media converters (LX(fibre single mode)<->TX(copper)

Rene Avi c-nsp at nextlayer.at
Mon Jan 24 20:39:51 EST 2005

Ariel Biener wrote:
> On Sunday 23 January 2005 01:55, Rene Avi wrote:
>
>   Hello,
>
>     First of all I would like to thank everyone that pitched in. Second, if
> you had to chose among the following 3 vendors:
>
> MRV, Metrobility and Transition (chosen since they have a reseller in Israel),
> in what order would you chose them ? (aka a ranking contest :)

There is no such thing as an across the board answer to this. I've made
good experiences with Transition and medium ones with MRV due to a nasty
problem with LLCF on Fiber2Copper GE-conversion cards using SFPs. MRV
has its developer team in Israel so they might be a good shot for you.
Metrobility looks promising but IIRC lacks a retiming-capable card.

Contact the resellers, I'm sure they'll make a demo for you.

Cheers, /Rene

--
  / Rene Avi <Rene.Avi(at)nextlayer.at> | Ph#: +43 650 7363284 Fax#: -2 \
  \ Networking: Cisco, Juniper, RIPE    | Bendlgasse 17/11, A-1120 Wien /