[c-nsp] 6500/7600 with Sup720 opinion

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Wed Jan 26 04:24:05 EST 2005

David,

bambi at Hughes.com.au (David J. Hughes) wrote:

> >I thought the platform was ideal for this, so what's the problem with
> >76/65 IOS versions?
>
> Basic IPv4 functionality (i.e. BGP, OSPF, netflow, acl) is rock solid
> on this platform.  There are some horrible IOS bugs but the only ones
> that have caused us issues is when we've tried something more
> "adventurous".  Haven't used 65xx in an MPLS environment or with v6, or
> NSF, or SSO etc etc and I'm sure there's issues down those lines.  But,
> for basic routing/switching, it's a great platform.

Alright, we'll be using them for v6 too, and I believe we should go
forward with it, even if Cisco's software advisor doesn't know about
SUP720 images, and even if there's no 12.3 or at least T train
available...there's 12.2S, this should hopefully do (we don't need
MPLS at the moment)

Thank you for sharing,
			Elmar.