[c-nsp] Growing BGP tables

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Jan 27 11:41:14 EST 2005

I'm not sure I can get this through.

For the record there were only two people
that attached cases to:

CSCsa45474
Externally found enhancement defect: New (N)
Ability to block overlapping BGP prefixes from being installed in RIB

What about if we just had a per neighbor filter that
would filter out more specific prefixes as they come in.
Once the more specific is filtered then it's gone until
you do a soft clear to get it back.
Something along these lines:

 router bgp 100
  address-family ipv4 unicast
  neighbor x.x.x.x leaked-specifics deny [inbound|outbound]

A lot of the fancy options are just not feasible currently.

Rodney