[c-nsp] standby <group> mac-address

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Jan 27 14:17:35 EST 2005

I've been using this feature on 7500s for the past two months to get
around the mac-address limit on vips.  I'm about to turn up 6509s in the
same POP which will also be participating in HSRP on just a few of the
VLANs, and was disappointed to find that they don't seem to support this
feature (at least as of 12.2(18)SXD3).  Is there a chance of this becoming
supported on the 6500/7600 platform, or will I just have to deal with the
HSRP members using different MAC addresses (7500s using their made up one,
6500s using a different ios-generated one) for the standby IP?