[c-nsp] Monitoring of eigrp neighbours with snmp

Rikard Stemland Skjelsvik rskjels at pogostick.net
Mon Jan 31 09:59:16 EST 2005

Hello,
sorry to bother you with a question that probably is a "no-brainer" to
you all.

I have a problem with vpn tunnels where the tunnel sometimes
fail, but the tunnel interface is still up-up. The only way i can check
if the tunnels are up, is to log into the router and issue the command

 	show ip eigrp nei

This will tell me if the tunnels are up. I am trying to find some
snmp-values that will tell me if these tunnels are up and working.
The tunnels are GRE tunnels with IPSEC. Unfortunalty this is all
very new to me.

Any help or suggestions will be apreciated. I have tried to search
on google to find one or more OID's that could help me monitor the
vpn tunnels, but i have not been able to find what i'm looking for.

Thank you for your time!

--
Rikard