[c-nsp] 3640 and Full-rate DS3

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jul 5 17:12:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 02:53:19PM -0600, John Neiberger wrote:
> I'm trying to find this info on CCO but so far no luck. Do any of you
> know if a 3640 can support a full-rate DS3 with a HSSI module? I can't
> find any documentation that mentions if it can do full-rate DS3 whether
> it's with a HSSI module or a T3 network module.

CCO says the NM-1T3E3 isn't supported in the 3640 at all (only 3660).

We've run an E3 on a 3640 with the NM-HSSI, and it worked quite well - but
it was never fully loaded.

The performance PDF claims about 25 Mbit/s. performance for the 3640
(CEF, minimum sized packets), so depending on your needs, on the traffic,
and whether you're likely to see abuse coming in, it might do...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de