[c-nsp] AAA Command Authorization

Scott Altman staltman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 17:31:05 EDT 2005

You can run the logic in ACS either way, either it can allow by
default with specific deny commands or vice versa, depends on how you
want to construct your policy for your users.  From a security policy
perspective, think of the ACS as a firewall, deny everything and add
what you want them to be able to do.  At some point there is a break
even, i fyou have 50+ permit lines (not sure if there is an actual
limit) you may as well just let them do everything.

The command permit/deny stuff in ACS is flexible and allows wildcards
(it just doesn't explain if very well) so you can permit 'show' and
check the box to permit/deny any unlisted arguments, so that will
cover 'show run' or 'show config' or whatever.