[c-nsp] Changing from iBGP to eBGP - Again

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Jul 6 11:50:16 EDT 2005

Mark,

it would be best if you pasted your current BGP config and topology so
we know what you are doing today. I assume you have an iBGP peer to your
upstream, and do route-reflector-client to your iBGP peers in order to
reflect the upstream routes to them and vice versa.
Changing this to an eBGP config should be easy, you wouldn't need
RR-client configuration anymore, and you want to investigate
next-hop-self on your iBGP peers (possibly not a requirement as you had
to advertise the upstream's next-hop into your IGP previously).

Or do you also need to change your ASN, so you'd need to touch all
routers? This is a larger migration task than just change one neighbor..

please clarify..

	oli