[c-nsp] Changing from iBGP to eBGP - Again

Mark Tohill Mark at u.tv
Wed Jul 6 12:55:12 EDT 2005

Oliver,

Our current setup look something like:

PoP No.1                                 PoP No.2
                         WAN
   |----------------------------------------|

PriRouter ---LAN----- SecRouter            PriRouter ---LAN--- SecRouter
   |         [HSRP]       |                  |          [HSRP]    |
   |                      |                  |                    |
  ibgp                   ibgp               ibgp                 ibgp
   |                      |                  |                    |
   |                      |                  |                    |
ProviderRtr1---LAN----ProviderRtr2
ProviderRtr1---LAN----ProviderRtr2
           ProviderRtrX                               ProviderRtrX
                | ----------------------------------------|
                                   WAN

     Provider                                             Provider
     Pop No.1                                             Pop No.2

I hope that makes sense!

Following points:
We announce chunk of our class B from each of our PoP's (non-contiguous)

Neighbor relationships between us and provider are all iBGP

We are not implementing route-reflectors, communities, confederations
etc.,
just have multiple neighbor statements, alot of repetition. Probably
about        six ibgp neighbors per router.

Synchronization not running

Will I post configs....?  :)

Thanks
Mark