[c-nsp] Changing from iBGP to eBGP - Again

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Jul 6 13:14:57 EDT 2005

so you have two routers per Pop, each of which needs to peer with one
provider router in the same pop? So you would end up with 4 eBGP
connections in total? And you have four routers in your own ASN which
speak BGP? If this is the case, you will have one eBGP peer and three
iBGP peers on every router:

router bgp <your-new-asn>
 no synch
 neighbor <prov-router-1> remote-as ISP-ASN
 neighbor <prov-router-1> prefix-list myownspace out
 neighbor IBGP-MESH peer-group
 neighbor IBGP-MESH remote-as <your-new-asn>
 neighbor IBGP-MESH update-source loopback0
 neighbor IBGP-MESH next-hop-self
 neighbor a.a.a.a peer-group IBGP-MESH
 neighbor b.b.b.b peer-group IBGP-MESH
 neighbor c.c.c.c peer-group IBGP-MESH

ip prefix-list myownspace permit x.x.x.x/16 le 24

all the "network" statements which you might currently use to advertise
the address ranges stay in place..

But without configs, this is a only a somewhat educated guess..

	oli

Mark Tohill <mailto:Mark at u.tv> wrote on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 6:55
PM: