[c-nsp] concurrently rate limit and queuing

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 13:34:16 EDT 2005

Howdi,

heres my scenario.. i want to rate limit an ethernet port but the traffic that I
drop I want to do so by priority/custom/other queuing

queuing is straight forward, rate limiting is straight forward. combining the
two appears to be impossible!

this is an msfc1/sup1a/pfc running IOS

i can do some fancy cqwfq config with service-policy/class-map statements but
only certain commands are 'supported' and of those they dont seem to actually
work

without pointing me to my cisco sales rep can someone either give me a pointer
or a url as to how i can do this on this platform?

thanks
Steve