[c-nsp] Question about FX connections

Michael Smith mksmith.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 01:44:20 EDT 2005

Hello Jeff:

If the run is SMF there is no way you're going to get signal from the
PA-2FE-FX which is, as you say, uses multimode optics.  Over short
distances you can (your mileage may vary wildly) run singlemode
optics over a multimode fiber, but never the reverse.

So, unless your provider and you both have SMF optics, this isn't
going to work.  Here's the data sheet on the PA-2FE-FX adapter
verifying the multimode laser configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/modules/ps2033/
products_data_sheet09186a0080091c92.html

Hope that helps.

Mike