[c-nsp] 12.2(25)S5 ipInReceives gone

Andre Beck cisco-nsp at ibh.net
Fri Jul 8 12:06:03 EDT 2005

Hi,

seems upgrading to 12.2(25)S5 broke the IP-MIB counter for received
datagrams. Due to another glitch with that release (interfaces that did
not have "ip route-cache flow" enabled were upgraded to have
"no ip route-cache cef", which bumped CPU Load and RTTs badly) we had
one interface running with CEF disabled, and this was the only inter-
face that still triggered this counter. Now that CEF is reenabled on all
relevant interfaces, the counter is essentially mute, counting only
packets that reach the control plane as it seems.

Not that it would be particularly bad, it just hoses my graphing of
ipInReceives vs. ipForwDatagrams. Then again the upgrade brought nice
features like the new "ip flow *gress", "ip flow top-talkers", working
"ip cef per-packet" on ATM Subifs etc.

Ahem, yeah, hardware is 7204VXR+NPE225, as it seems to matter with
those counter fun problems.

Andre.
--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-