[c-nsp] atm ds3 to a cisco 7200 for adsl aggregation

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Sat Jul 9 03:43:00 EDT 2005

At 01:36 AM 7/9/2005, you wrote:

>im trying to get an atm ds3 from bellsouth turned up on a cisco 7206 with
>a pa-t3 card and not having much luck.  ive searched through the list
>archives and tried pieces of configs from different folks but no go.

Do you mean a PA-A3-T3 card? A PA-T3 won't work at all. However, you do
list your config as ATM4/0 so I'm just making sure...

You also need a subinterface (or subinterfaces) with your IP and PVC info
and mapping. Are you doing bridging or PPPoE or PPPoA? For example, if you
are using VPDN to do PPPoE, you would have something like this:

interface ATM1/0.1 multipoint
   range pvc 1/301 1/360
   ubr 10000
   encapsulation aal5snap
   protocol pppoe

If you have direct PVCs then your config will look more like this:

interface ATM1/0.240 point-to-point
  ip address 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.252
  no ip redirects
  no ip unreachables