[c-nsp] mdix question for the 3750

Alexander Koch efraim at clues.de
Tue Jul 12 12:40:37 EDT 2005

Folks,

when I do mdix auto on a 3750 and all set to auto on a 2950G
and connect these two with a straight cable, it does come up.

Now, does anyone here understand why I would want to have a
3750-24TS with 10/100/1000 ports with mdix and still be able
to set 'speed 100' on that port? It will not come up, not a
second. Think of a customer having his port negotiate to 1000
and burst above 100. ;-)

Am I overlooking anything? I think I did some extensive
testing... and could not get the port up with speed 100.

Thanks,
Alexander