[c-nsp] mdix question for the 3750

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Jul 12 15:07:50 EDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Michael Loftis wrote:

> I don't know about the 3750's (not having tested_ but historically setting
> the speed parameters would disable all automatic negotiations of speed, and
> duplex, and I'd imagine now the mdi/mdix functionality.  You can lock it in

In my experience, doing:

speed 100
duplex auto

will still do autoneg.

duplex full
speed auto

will also do autoneg. The good thing is that if the other end has 100/full
or 10/full, it will work properly, because speed can always be detected
even without autoneg being enabled at the other end.

I have a two year old (at least) feature request in with cisco to not
disable autoneg when both speed and duplex is set, but to (as far as I
know) no avail.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se