[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 Vs Cisco 6500

Marko Milivojevic markom at PanGalactic.net
Wed Jul 13 06:05:49 EDT 2005

> Getting kinda over this subject coming up over and over again

	I will second this :-). However, there are few things that people
should have in mind when deciding what to buy :-)

	Accroding to one Cisco SE that I spoke to, 6500 and 7600 are identical
... at the moment. There is a possibility that they may start developing
different IOS trains for each sometime in the future. However, being
exact same hardware, I don't see it happening.

	Another difference is SIZE. 6500 boxes are, generally, mych higher than
7600. On the other hand, don't expect to fit 7606 into 60cm rack... We
based our chouce based only on this fact alone, as we asumed that 6500
and 7600 are identical feature-wise.

Marko.

P.S. What are "7600 linecards"?