[c-nsp] PIX PAT problem

Chris Boyd cboyd at gizmopartners.com
Thu Jul 14 02:10:52 EDT 2005

I'm having an odd PIX related problem:

I have a user behind a 506 with 6.2(4) code configured for PAT.  User
needs to make a Cisco VPN client connection from behind the 506 to
another PIX (model/rev unkown to me).

When they launch the VPN client, it connects normally, but any
application connections over the VPN connection time out.

I've looked for the obvious, like overlapping subnets, but everything
looks OK.

VPN client is configured to use UDP transport.

If we move the client system to a different network behind a simple
Cayman DSL PAT box, it works fine.

I'm still learning my way around PIX land, so any pointers are
appreciated.

Thanks!

--Chris